The ISAE Annual STAR Awards program is always a great event to celebrate the accomplishments of our industry and connect with fellow professionals from around the state.
We spoke to past STAR Awardees Sarah Eller, Sigma Kappa Sorority, and Kim Dodson, The Arc of Indiana, for some insight into why participating is important.
Sigma Kappa Sorority was the recipient of the 2016 Innovative Membership Program and the 2016 Outstanding Individual Program or Event, with a budget over $750,000.
“We felt we had accomplished quite a bit in the past year and wanted to feature those accomplishments to a larger community,” said Sarah. “Our teams worked very hard throughout the year to achieve those programs and events and we had the opportunity to be evaluated and honored by our respected peers for that hard work.”
The Arc of Indiana was the 2016 recipient of the Innovative Marketing Campaign, with a budget over $750,000.
“The Arc of Indiana has a great and talented team, and it’s always great that I can give members of the team recognition for the work and projects they do,” said Kim. “As one of hundreds of associations in our state, it is always good to see how our projects compare with others.”
Nominations are due October 20. Here are five tips from Sarah and Kim to keep in mind when compiling your submissions:
- If you are unfamiliar with the STAR Awards, review past winners to get a feel for what the categories and submissions are like.
- Collaborate as a team on your submission to make sure you have fully covered the scope of the category.
- Take a chance! You never know what you have done that others will find interesting or worthy of an award.
- Submit a nomination you are proud of personally and professionally.
- Be thorough in your nomination and plan to attend the event to show support.
Don’t forget there are changes to this year’s awards!
- Budget categories are not predetermined at time of entry. Appropriate groupings will be determined after the October 20 deadline, giving your submissions a better chance to be considered among similar entries.
- Award categories were updated to ensure continued relevance. Each category will be judged on comprehensive success metrics, both tangible and intangible, to select winners based on nominees' overall impact on the industry.