Think back to when you first joined ISAE – or any other association, for that matter. Chances are that professional development – and access to quality education programs – ranked high in your decision-making process. But simply having access is often not enough these days. Actively planning and tracking both personal and professional learning and networking goals can be the key to career success.
Did you know your mobile phone could be a key enabler to goal setting and tracking, expense tracking and, ultimately, improved learning and networking outcomes? That’s right! You can now schedule conference activities (e.g., attend a breakout session or connect with a specific exhibitor) that align with your personal/professional improvement plan – all from the palm of your hand.
As you likely know, event apps are already prevalent at major events worldwide. In fact, chances are good you used an app at a tradeshow or a conference within the last year. Perhaps you even used the ISAE annual convention app last year. Ultimately, event apps help you prepare for conference attendance and allow you to plan activities that will further your progress toward goal completion.
Additionally, they can help you:
- Sift through the breakout sessions and select those best aligned with personal goals and objectives.
- Identify the attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors most likely to solve an organization challenge.
- Build a custom conference agenda with automatic reminders and prompts that promotes professional development and career advancement.
- Determine which handout materials and resources are worth a closer look.
- Turn an otherwise overwhelming event into a completely personalized and member-centric experience.
Results at Hand’s ConferenceBeat mobile conference app can also be combined with its new #ROLapp to help members and event managers determine return on learning data, measures and statistics. For members using the app, the goal-setting feature can be used to:
- Guide in setting specific and attainable goals you feel to be most critical to individual, team and organization success (before, during and after an event).
- Build and implement basic strategic plans.
- Provide visual feedback on goal progress.
- Suggest resources or other support mechanisms for goal completion.
- Collect data to measure and demonstrate success.
- Store measurable outcomes in a central location.
- Increase productivity (both in the workplace and onsite at events).
Ultimately, the return on learning mobile application (#ROLapp) has been developed to quantify the value of organization meetings and events, and to then convert these outcomes into year-round membership lifecycle benefits. We hope you’ll find it worthwhile and will consider its application within your own organization.
To join the beta test team of the Results at Hand #ROLapp at the ISAE Annual Convention, please email@example.com.
To learn more about ROL, please visit us at the ISAE Annual Convention and request the official #ROLapp whitepaper developed by Aaron Wolowiec of Event Garde LLC.